The second painting I did of Hannah, was completed in a much quicker time period. I finished the head, with the exception of a few final touches in one afternoon. The thick paint, practice sketches and painting the previous portrait of Hannah all helped me to prepare for this one.
Again I used thick paint, with a very small amount of medium for the block in. From the block in, I brushed more paint into the fluid wet paint, which allowed me to work the edges and push the values once I had the basic drawing down.
Once the head was completed I loosely worked the coat, hand and background. I had to do several studies of the cherry blossoms color and value, eventually going back and doing one from life again. As I finished, I tried not to over refine sections of the painting. I wanted to keep some sections loose and the face to remain the tightest section. And just to show I was done, I put a gold frame on it.